Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
4 chicken breast halves
2 tbsp unsalted butter
tbsp shallots, minced
3 galic cloves, minced
2 tsp cracked black pepper
1½ cup portobello
¼ tsp thyme, dried
¼ cup cabernet
¾ cup Madiera, Marsala or Port wine
1.5 oz packageDemi-Glace, veal or beef
(available @ Urban Herbs)
¼ cup heavy
2 tbsp parsley
2 tsp Italian seasoning
½ cup flour
1) Heat oil in a medium non stick sautee pan.
2) Combine flour and italian
seasoning then dredge chicken in flour mixture, shake off excess then place in
3) Sautee over medium heat until done, flipping as needed, about 15-20 minutes per side.
-----While chicken is cooking-----
4) Over medium heat, melt butter in a medium sautee pan. Add shallots,
garlic, and mushrooms
until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
5) Add pepper, thyme and Cabernet. Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
6) Add Marsala wine and bring to a boil.
7) Add demi-glace, whisking until dissolved then whisk in heavy cream
and a little flour too thicken
(½ tbsp at a time).
--If desired, pour sauce through a fine strainer into a clean pot, pressing to extract liquid--
Stir in parsley, add hot water, 1 tbsp at a time, if sauce is too thick.
9) Plate chicken and spoon sauce over chicken, serve immediately.