Turkey and Potato Casserole
Prep: 45 minutes
30 minutes5 medium golden potatoes
1 tbsp oil
1 shallot, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1-1½ lb. fresh ground turkey
½ tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tbsp dry
yellow mustard ground
¼ cup sherry
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
1 can cream of mushroom or chicken soup
¼ lb. cheddar, diced or shredded
½ cup Panko
¼ lb. Parrano,
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Clean and slice the potatoes. Boil the sliced potatoes 10 minutes. Strain and let sit.
oven to 350◦. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil, onions, garlic and sautee for two minutes,
stirring frequently. Add ground turkey, mix and cook for two minutes.
3) Stir in crushed red pepper flakes, dry yellow mustard and the ¼ cup sherry
vinegar. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Set aside (do not drain).
4) In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Using a whisk, stir
in flour until well combined and cook, whisking constantly for two minutes. Whisk in milk, increase heat to medium,
and continue whisking as sauce thicken. Do not allow sauce to boil.
5) Add 1 tbsp sherry vinegar and cream soup, stir and when warm add cheddar.
Continue cooking and stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Add more milk for a thinner sauce.
6) In a greased casserole dish layer
potatoes, then ground turkey, sauce and Parrano. Make at least 3 layers. Sprinkle Panko on top and bake 30 minutes
until hot and bubbly.